Friday, October 15, 2010

The Soldiers of Today

Heroscape has been out for a pretty decent amount of time and like some war games, the minis aren't constantly reproduced. Instead there is new stuff(which are called Waves). Today's figures can be found in this video by ChardarStudios. It tells the top 10 sculpts found within the still acquirable Master Set 3 and Wave D1(aka Wave 11).
Spoiler: #10 is Frl Tol. If you want to know what it is watch the video.

Heroscape originally used to be en masse here:
Then it became hit or miss. Then HS wasn't sold anymore at all.
If you want HS, go here or here for singles. There are several other places which you can see here at heroscapers.

Because Master Set 3 Battle for the Underdark is quite limited in terrain and figures, you may want to buy 2 cases of it. Here is one map that can use 2 MS3s(scratch the glyph). There is a PDF for it's build instructions too.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/downloads.php?do=file&id=2723






Customizing Your 'Scape Act 2
Let's see here, if you bought 2 boxes of MS3, you'd have 2 sets of figures with 2 sets of Uniques. Because 1 player cannot use the 2 of the same Unique Army Card in their army, it's time to figure out how to keep your extra figure from collecting dust. You can turn it into a custom figure. The process is lengthy, though you can trim it down rather easily. This is done by using a few tricks which I'll show you guys later(they most certainly do work, I've personally used these on just about each one of my customs).

To get you started learn about a few different programs(some people prefer one over the other): GIMP, MSE, Paint, and Microsoft Word(for spelling). This text should help all aspiring and seasoned Custom makers. I call it the Bible of Customs.

The game of the Day: 'Round here it's Friday(all 7 days of the week mind you), and that means play a game of Scape with your family, la familia, Familie, परिवार!! Tell us how it goes! I'm sure I'll be getting a game soon too!!

The answers to yesterday's question(yep it was a trick question):
Sujoah
Sir Dupuis
Me-Burq-Sa
Cyprien Esenwein

Today, we Scape!!! If that's not enough preview for you, I don't know what is friends.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely prefer GIMP. It's by far the most advanced of the programs, but it allows for a lot more customization that the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The biggest trouble I have with GIMP is that I'm a techno-idiot. I mean I might as well be brain dead when looking at that stuff. Plus at least with MSE, I just take a regular card and put it on there. I am horrid at imaging(paint is my friend, it's simple).

    Everyone's entitled to their opinion though.

    ReplyDelete