Monday, March 5, 2012

Earning my Geek

Today I went into a gaming store...a board gaming store. The store had a fairly small walkway, not something I'm comfortable in, but oh well. Although I wouldn't let this from keeping me from enjoying my time there, the crowd of folks in there were trying it seemed. We walked into the back of the store and worked our way up.

All told I purchased over $80 in figures for one purpose. Making lots of HeroScape customs.

So then, onto a few of the customs! First off I picked up 20 goblin figures for 17 bucks. There's a nice faction right there. I also got a bugbear thingy which I decided to help Gobbos too!

For reference, the Gobbo faction belongs to General Myvra, where you can learn more about here.

The Night Goblin Infantry is a squad of 4 who is a fairly expendable unit. Each unit only costs 45 points and have a movement of a pathetic attack of 2. They have Disengage and Climb x2, but other wise nothing is special.

They have a flag-bearer called Fligg who grants an initiative bonus for all the Gobbos near him. I even used to great effect against my opponent! Considering there's no limit, most players will try to take advantage of getting a very high boost, but the low attack power of the Gobbo faction will help to keep players from actually winning the game. He also has a power called Gobbo Warcry, which grants Gobbos the extra +1 move that is so popular. His base stats are about as great as one would expect, with only 4 life and 3 defense...

Sylvano (named after one of my favorite bloggers on heroscapers.com), is the bugbear I mentioned. Simple, straight forward and really the only heavy hitter that the Gobbo Faction has. His Double Attack of 4 might make some players thinking he is overpowered, but he doesn't have any synergies with the exception of Ornak's Flag and the different types of Goblins in HeroScape.

There are also 3 more heroes who fit into the Gobbo faction, aside from Fligg (and Sylvano, to a degree). One is a Goblin Shaman, one is a Goblin Spearmen (there's an odd one in the pack...), and a Goblin Swordsman. They haven't been designed yet, but I've got ideas.

'Scape On.

No comments:

Post a Comment