Sunday, February 26, 2012

A First Look at Nilfy

I've recently acquired the ice cold dragon, Chew-Toy...er...Nilfheim. Now that I've played a purely BS game with him, and have chatted with him I will give my first thoughts.

SCULPT
First thing first, I'm going to point out that many people seem to be under the belief that Nilfy's sculpt is fairly obstrusive. Although I'm not certain of this, but I don't think that the dog who previously owned the figure did much to help Nilfy's issues. Of course, this huge size can be quite terrifying in combat. At least the chew toy is on a double hexed base, and not a triple hexed base. His wings really make it seems as though Nilfheim could have been on a triangle.

MOBILITY
Aside from his hugeness, Nilfheim is fairly mobile. I'm not sure if the dog's owner spilled Red Bull on Nilfy or what, but Nilfy's wings can somehow carry him 6 spaces. I say the somehow because his wings are tattered and partially shredded...by dog teeth.

ENDURANCE
Nilfheim's tooth-torn body can get 4 dice against attacks made by everything except dogs. Versus those, he stands no chance. 6 HPs means that he's capable of dying before the enemy. Greenscales can alleviate this though, except against disengaging units.

ATTACK POWER
Despite a few missing and clipped claws and horns, Nilfheim will get to bum-rush his foes with 6 attack dice. If he's behind a wall of meat (aka the Greenscale Warriors), he can try using an ice breath on 3 targets. I wonder if he tried this against the dog. That might have been the only reason he's still alive...

'Scape On.

No comments:

Post a Comment